Swagman is a 1972 36' Cheoy Lee built Sigma 36. The Sparkman and Stephens design 1710 was produced by several European manufacturers, including Nautor with it's model "Swan 36". Except for her initial 8 months, Swagman has had one owner for 49 years. The base and cruising area has largely been the Chesapeake Bay. Swagman placed second in the inaugural Annapolis to Bermuda race and presently participates in Club racing, including the Wednesday Night Racing series in St. Michaels.
She has been upgraded over the years, replacing among other items the teak deck with fiberglass, adding a shower and hot water, and installing refrigeration, shore power and electrical panels. A more compact Universal 25 hp diesel engine replaced the bulkier Yamaha engine, resulting in more room for the main cabin. Electronics include Raymarine MFD, GPS, tiller autopilot, VHF and Stereo.
Accommodation includes 6 berths, v-berth with insert and 4 singles.
Swagman has a Sitka Spruce mast, boom and Spinnaker pole, as well as jiffy reefing and roller furling. She is a classic design, quality built, and ready for more cruising and/or racing.
Draft: 6 ft. 0 in.
Beam: 9 ft. 8 in.
Fuel tank capacity: 25
Water tank capacity: 60
Standard features: Vessel Walkthrough
From the cockpit, you step down the companionway into the salon and find the galley port aft, quarter berth starboard aft, auxiliary aft, freezer/icebox to starboard, benchseat and cabinetry starboard forward, folding drop-down table forward and benchseat/berth and outboard berth to port. Walk forward and there is a hanging locker to starboard, head to port and stateroom with v-berth forward.
The headroom in the salon is 6'2", 5'7" in the stateroom and 5'6" in the head. The v-berth in the stateroom is 6'8" long on each side, quarter berth is 6' long and the salon benchseat/berths are 6'3" long.
Swagman offers a stateroom forward with a v-berth, a benchseat/berth on each side in the salon, an outboard upper berth to port in the salon and a starboard quarter berth in the salon. The head is to port just aft of the stateroom.
The salon offers a benchseat/berth with storage on each side, a removable, gimbal oil lamp, a folding, drop-down table forward, teak & holly sole, storage cabinets, shelf, 2 portlights, 4 windows and an overhead hatch.
The galley is port aft in the salon, with the freezer to starboard.
- Sea-Frost cold plate refrigeration and icebox
- Gas Systems Regal2 4 burner Safgas CNG cooktop
- Dry storage
- Storage cabinets
Dining space is available at the salon folding drop-down table.
The stateroom forward offers a v-berth with an insert, portlight, window, overhead hatch, shelves, hanging locker, reading lights and anchor chain locker access.
- Sony CDX-F5000 stereo
- Pioneer speakers
- Raymarine eMFDS97 Hybrid Touch multi-function display (2016)
- Raymarine EV-100 autopilot (2016)
- Raymarine 160 wind speed/direction display (2016)
- Raymarine 150 depth display (2016)
- Raymarine 150 speed/log display (2016)
- Standard Horizon Matrix GX 200 VHF (2016)
- Standard Horizon Ram 3+ mic remote
- Ritchie magnetic compass
- Wempe ship's clock and barometer
- 30 amp shore power cord
- Marinetics electrical panel
- Guest battery switch
- Crown automatic marine converter/charger
- Universal M4-30 25 HP auxiliary with unknown hours
- Water heater
- Raritan manual head
- CQR 35 LB anchor
- Danforth 22 LB anchor
- Danforth 12 LB anchor
- 200' nylon anchor rode
- Stainless steel rails fore and aft, stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines each side
- Stainless steel deck hardward
- Non-skid decks
- Teak toe rail
- Cockpit cushions and covers
- Hatches, tiller and winch cover
- Screens for the companionway, hatches and portlights
Sails and Rigging
- Sitka Spruce mast (1983) and boom
- Reefing boom
- Spinnaker pole
- Whisker pole
- Harken roller furler
- Harken traveler
- 150% Genoa
- 9 winches
Safety and Fire Protection
- Fire extinguishers
- 2 X liferings
- Bilge pumps (Automatic and manual)
- Sellers' personal belongings
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Model name: M4-30
Fuel Type: Other