Sonata is a clean, 3-time Great Loop veteran, 1984 42' Grand Banks Classic. She offers Twin, Perkins Diesel, Range 4, 5.8 Liter, 6 cylinder in-line naturally aspirated, 135 HP 4-stroke diesel main engines, Onan 8 kW generator, and a West Marine rigid fiberglass bottom inflatable RIB.
with a Mercury 4 HP, 4 stroke outboard.
o Fuel (600 gallons)
o Replaced Fuel Tanks
o Replaced Water Tanks
o Replaced House Water Plumbing
o Replaced all (3) Air Conditioning
o Aft Stateroom upgrade custom port storage
o Custom window blinds through out
o Corian Countertops
o Charts & travel books for AGL, Down East Loop, Novia Scotia
o Spare parts, tools
Draft: 4 ft. 2 in.
Beam: 13 ft. 7 in.
Fuel tank capacity: 600
Water tank capacity: 265
Holding tank capacity: 40
Speed max: 10
Standard features: Walkthrough
From the aft deck, you can access the salon via either side deck. Once inside the salon, you will find the lower helm and side door starboard forward, wrap-around seating with table starboard aft, guest stateroom with ensuite head forward, L-shaped galley port forward, bench seat and side deck access door to port, entertainment center port aft and master stateroom with ensuite head aft. Engine room access is via salon sole hatches and the guest stateroom.
The headroom in the salon is 6'6", 6'4" in the master stateroom, 6'1" in the master stateroom shower, 6'8" in the guest stateroom, 6'2" in the guest stateroom shower and 6'10" on the flybridge.
Sonata offers a full beam master stateroom aft with a full size berth to starboard, vanity center and custom storage cabinets and drawers to port and a separate head and shower; and a guest stateroom forward with large v-berth with an ensuite head.
The salon offers wrap-around seating with storage and a folding teak table starboard aft, side deck access door starboard forward, another side deck access door to port, bench seat with storage and entertainment center port aft, Raritan icemaker, liquor bottle and glass storage cabinet, opening side and aft windows with custom blinds on all windows and a teak parquet sole. Path and Weems clock and barometer.
To view a 360 degree photo of the salon, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
The L-shaped galley is located port forward in the salon.
- Tecumseth, refrigerator, and freezer - Princess 3-burner electric cooktop and oven - Large white composite sink – Corian counter tops - Storage cabinets and drawers - Opening side window with curtain - Teak parquet sole - Hidden trash compartment - Raritan icemaker in saloon. Microwave and toaster oven conveniently located on port doorway shelf in forward stateroom, easy accessible.
Dining space is available at the salon table or on flybridge in the enclosed seating area.
The full beam master stateroom aft offers a full-size berth to starboard, vanity table / stool center and custom storage cabinets and drawers to port. Opening side windows with curtains, desk port aft, hanging locker, reading lights, hatch with screen aft, teak parquet sole, mirror, book shelf, storage under the steps and an ensuite head and shower to starboard.
To view a 360 degree photo of the master stateroom, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
The lower helm is starboard forward and offers a full helm, side deck access door.
The flybridge offers a Sunbrella/Stratoglass unique full enclosure, nonskid deck, stainless steel rails and stanchions on a teak toe rail, forward and aft benchseats with storage on each side, storage under the console. In the flybridge aft section is wonderful seating area with wicker furniture.
To view a 360 degree photo of the flybridge, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
Samson flat screen TV in the salon – Kenwood stereo/ sat ready /CD player in the salon - interior speakers
-VHF RADIOS Upper helm: Icom IC-M602 VHF Radio. Standard Horizon Matrix VHF Radio.
Lower helm: Icom IC-M302 VHF Radio.
-COMPASSES compass are located at both helms
-MULTI-FUNCTIONAL NAVIGATION DISPLAYS
Garmin GPS-Map chartplotter1242xsv, 12. Unit ID 3979350037.
Garmin GPS-Map 2010C, 12". Unit ID 2041750174.
Raytheon R10X Marine Radar
-Standard Horizon Digital Depth Gauge.
The antennas for all above are mounted and serviceable.
- Onan 8 kW generator with approximately 16,799 hours - - Charles 50amp smart battery charger with remote
monitor system - 12vdc outlet at the lower helm - 2 X 8D main engine start batteries - 4D house battery
BATTERIES Three (3) separate stand alone battery banks. Bank 1: House/Engine: Three (3) OPTIMA "Blue Top", group 34, 800 CCA, "SAT", Bank 2: House/Engine: Three (3) OPTIMA "Blue Top", group 34, 800 CCA, Bank 3: Generator: One (1) OPTIMA "Blue Top", group 34, 800 CCA,
- 50 amp shore power cord - 50 amp shore power connection fore and aft.
- Twin, Perkins Diesel, Range 4, 5.8 Liter, 6 cylinder in-line naturally aspirated, 135 HP 4-stroke diesel main engines with approximately 8,800 hours SERIAL NUMBERS Port: TW 33235U785179P /Starboard: TW 33235U785528
-Transmissions - Velvet Drive. STBD: Model# 10-14-000-006 PORT: Model# 10-14-000-005 GEAR RATIO 2.5 : 1. GEAR SERIAL NUMBERS Port: 827 Starboard: 411
-Morse engine controls
- VDO gauges - Racor 500FG fuel filter with vacuum gauge for each main engine –
-Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (3 zones) – 3 Marine Air units. AFT berth: Cruisair TVE10 R410A, 10,000 BTU Salon: Cruisair TVE16 R410A, 16,000 BTU. Forrward berth: Cruisair Marine unit. TVE8 R410A, 8,000 BTU These units were new in 2016.
-Raritan 12-gallon water heater - Dometic holding tank level monitor system - VACUFLUSH heads 2005
-WATER TANKAGE CAPACITY 265 gallonstotal. Port: 85 gallons Center: 95 gallons Stbd: 85 gallons (all tanks replaced with stainless steel 2006
- FULL TANKAGE CAPACITY 600 gal in 4 stainless steel tanks new in 2006
-LOG BOOKS and supporting documentation since current ownership began in 2003
- Simpson Lawrence anchor windlass with foot controls -CQR 45 lb anchor – 15 ft 3/8 chain with approx., 200 ft 5/8 rode. - Teak decks - Teak cap rails - Windshield and window covers - Hinged mast - Mast spreader lights
- Boarding gate each side aft and a transom gate - Washdown aft - Lazarette access - Teak and stainless-steel swim ladder - teak swim platform
West Marine Inflatables, rigid fiberglass bottom inflatable RIB. MODEL YEAR 2005 (HIN) WMPB452JG405 ENGINE MODEL Mercury Marine 4 HP Four Stroke Outboard. Model# ME4M 4ST ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER 0R045539
Safety and Fire Protection
- Fire extinguishers - Halon 1301, Model# 70CG, Date 1986. FE-241 Fixed Fire Suppression Tank in the engine compartment – 3 fire extinguishers type 1- Life sling overboard recovery system
- Sellers' personal belongings
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Model name: Range 4, 5.8 Liter, 6 cylinder in-line naturally aspirated
Model year: 1984
Fuel Type: Other