~Full featured and great performance at an exceptual price.
*Named Best in its Class by Watercraft World magazine, this affordable three-seater offers phenomenal performance at an even more phenomenal price. A reliable, four-stroke Yamaha Marine engine delivers a ton of power and the best fuel efficiency on the market. Low RPM Mode reduces the top speed to give you even more time between fill-ups. And an ergonomic dash with full instrumentation makes it easy to check your gauges. Once you're back to shore, engage the reverse feature and docking becomes as effortless as the rest of your day.
Fuel tank capacity: 16
Max load: 529
* The VX Deluxe is powered by a Yamaha MR-1 four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four-cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
* Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
* Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
* Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
* Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
* Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
* Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
* Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
* Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
* The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
* Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
* Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
* High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
* Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
* Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
* The VX Deluxe hull is designed to be light and strong.
* Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
* Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
* Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
* Industry's First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha's innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the VX digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
* Low RPM Mode: Also with the touch of a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the VX Deluxe is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
* Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the VX Deluxe without your permission.
* Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
* 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
* Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support. The extra-long seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
* Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
* Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry's first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
* Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
* Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuously.
With mirrors on each side, the driver is able to keep an eye on wakeboarders and skiers in tow.
Low RPM / Security Mode
Using a remote transmitter, you can easily set Low RPM Mode for better fuel efficiency, or you can disable the ignition when you leave your vehicle unattended.
A unique reverse bucket gives this WaveRunner superior maneuverability- making it easier to dock and launch.
Model name: VX Deluxe
Model year: 2008
Fuel Type: Gas