Actual Location: Great Lakes, IL
- Stock #34028 - For over 45 years, and 4,000 + hulls later, the 19-foot Mariner sailboat has been a popular daysailer offering high performance and low maintenance for solo sailors and families everywhere. Based on the hull of the fast, stable Rhodes 19, the Mariner added a small cabin and other features. Built by O'Day from 1963 through 1979, and currently by Stuart Marine, the Mariner was marketed as a family daysailer. As one of the first affordable, trailerable fiberglass sailboats, the Mariner has been showing up on lakes and protected bays ever since. With its roomy cockpit, wide-beamed stability, and easy sailing characteristics, the Mariner deserves its reputation and is still among the best general-purpose sailboats of its size.Virtually all Mariner owners say they'd buy one again - they have no regrets. The features most commonly cited are its stability ("virtually untippable"), its oversized cockpit (where you spend most of your time anyway), and how easily it can be launched (even on a shallow boat ramp). Perhaps most important, the Mariner is very forgiving of the sailor's mistakes - and thus is an excellent beginning boat. DescriptionLength overall: 19 feet 2 inchesBeam: 7 feetDraft:: 3 feet 3 inches Centerboard up: 10 inches Centerboard down: 4 feet 11 inchesEmpty weight:: centerboard: 1305 lbs.Sail area (main & fractional jib): 185 sq ftMast height (deck-stepped): 27 feet 10 inchesRudder: Centerboard: kick-upPlease submit any and ALL offers - your offer may be accepted! Submit your offer today!At POP Yachts, we will always provide you with a TRUE representation of every vessel we market. We encourage all buyers to schedule a survey for an independent analysis. Any offer to purchase is ALWAYS subject to satisfactory survey results.Contact us for a free BoatHistoryReport.com report on this vessel. We pay upfront for a report on every vessel possible, and we provide this peace of mind to our buyers at no charge and with no commitment. All you have to do is ask!Take a look at ALL ***32 PICTURES*** of this vessel on our main website at POPYACHTS DOT COM. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to speaking with you!To view original photos and more detailed vessel specifications, please visit this listing on our main website at:https://www.popyachts.com/mariner-19-daysailer-boat-for-sale-great-lakes-illinois-34028
Deck & Hull Equipment:
Anchor (2); Boathook; Fenders (4); Mooring Lines; Non-skid Deck; Snap-on Cushions; Swim Ladder; Bilge Pump (Manual); Fire Extinguisher; First Aid Kit; Flare Kit; Grab Rail; Life Jackets; Life Ring
Boom; Mast; Main; Jib
- Excellent boat for learning to sail and for family daysailing.
- Stable and handles well if wind or waves kick up.
- Very large cockpit provides comfortable sailing for 4 to 6 crew.
- Solid and well constructed
- Self-righting and positive flotation
Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Type: Other
Draft: 4 ft. 11 in.
Beam: 7 ft. 0 in.