Actual Location: Bristol, RI
- Stock #57692 - Pictures don't lie! This Maxxum is in fantastic shape. When this POP representative approached and stepped aboard this go-fast, it was readily apparent she had/has been very well maintained.Lots of nice features here.......- Stainless Marine Dry Exhaust- Trim Tabs- Engine Kill Switch (at helm)- Pedestal Seats- Underwater Lights- Swim Platform & LadderELECTRONICS- Garmin GPS Map 541S- President Depth Inst. LTD-260- Sony Marine AM/FM/CD PlayerThis second owner has extensive service records, the most recent of which are described under 'Condition' below. He has over $11,000 in to this motor (mostly in Spring 2011) to increase the HP while maintaining it precisely.You want off-the-line-fastYou want top-end-fastCHECKMATE!Please submit any and ALL offers - your offer may be accepted! Submit your offer today!At POP Yachts, we will always provide you with a TRUE representation of every vessel we market. We encourage all buyers to schedule a survey for an independent analysis. Any offer to purchase is ALWAYS subject to satisfactory survey results.Contact us for a free BoatHistoryReport.com report on this vessel. We pay upfront for a report on every vessel possible, and we provide this peace of mind to our buyers at no charge and with no commitment. All you have to do is ask!Take a look at ALL ***120 PICTURES*** of this vessel on our main website at POPYACHTS DOT COM. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to speaking with you!To view original photos and more detailed vessel specifications, please visit this listing on our main website at:https://www.popyachts.com/checkmate-229-maxxum-high-performance-boat-for-sale-bristol-rhode-island-57692
Bilge Blower; Custom Exhaust (Stainless Marine Dry Exhaust); Engine Cylinders (8); Fiberglass Stringers; Fuel Tank (55 Gals.); Fuel Tank Location (Fwd Of Engine); Passenger Capacity (8); Starting Type (Electric - Key); Trim Tabs
Electronics & Navigation Gear:
Depth Instrument; GPS; Navigation Lights; Sound System; Speedometer
Accessory Switches; Battery (2); Battery Location (Eng. Comp.); Battery Switch; Circuit Breaker Panel (Under Steering Wheel); Electric Engine Hatch; Engine Kill Switch; Fuel Gauge; Gauges; Horn; LED Lighting; Night Lighting; Oil Pressure Gauge; Ship's Power (12v DC); Speakers; Speedometer; Stereo; Tachometer; Under Water Lights
Deck & Hull Equipment:
Anchor; Beverage Holders; Cockpit Seating; Custom Cover; Pedestal Seats; Sun Pad; Swim Ladder; Swim Platform; Thru-bolted SS Cleats; Underwater Lights; Windshield; Bilge Pump; Bright Cockpit Lighting; Fire Extinguisher; Grab Rail
**********SERVICE ALERT AND UPDATE***********
As of April 13, 2015, the following was done.....
- Repainted the motor
- New exhaust gaskets
- Oil change
Seller just wrote to me and said, "took it for a test drive yesterday, boat ran beautiful."
The following info represents this vessel condition and servicing prior to today, 4/13/15.
The pictures tell a very accurate story of this well-kept High Performance Checkmate.
There is one blemish in the port-side hull towards the stern near the rub rail (image 117). This image has been enhanced (blown up) so it shows a close-up, but the blemish is virtually un-noticeable from 10 feet away. It is NOT thru the fiberglass.
The bored-out 383 has been professionally well maintained, most service having been done in 2011 as noted.......
- Stainless External Flaps
- Ring Gaskets
- High Temp Gasket Sealer
- All NEW instruments across the dash - speed, tach, volt meter, oil press., water temp., fuel, trim
- Replaced NEW - Carb Spacer, Carb Linkage Plate, Throttle & Trans Cable, Velocity Stack, Fuel Line
- New Starter
- Aluminum Exhaust Manifold (to Head), Stainless Risers (thru transom), Stainless Exhaust Ring, Ring Gasket, Stainless Water Discharge Fitting, Crossover & Stat Housing W/Bypass Port Entry
- Oil-pan, Valves, Rings, Gaskets, Pistons, valve Springs, Push Rods, Head Gaskets, Head Bolts, Intake Gaskets, Vlave Cover Gaskets, Oil Pump Pickup, Timing
- Ignition Blaster Coil
- New Seating (Pedestal & Cockpit)
Since all this service work before launching in 2011, the accumulated hours are approximately 150. Come see for yourself, you won't be disappointed.
Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Type: Other
Beam: 7 ft. 6 in.
Fuel tank capacity: 55
Speed max: 65